freebird

me: Look, girl... i'm gonna have to take off for a while... you're sucking the lifeblood out of me... this isn't right!

girlontape: WTF are you on about? You know you can't live without me.

me: Yes I can... I will!

girlontape: You're such a riot! Anyway look, I've been thinking....

me: Yes?

girlontape: Well... just that lately I've been feeling kinda empty... kinda frustrated....

me: What happened?? Is it me... did I do something wrong... have I been neglecting you somehow??

girlontape: It's not you, it's me... but like I said, I've been thinking maybe I should change my design...

me: What? Why? Your look is perfect as is... it's elegant, it's sober yet cool... anyway you're practically a brand now, if not an actual force of nature... people recognize you.... uh-uh. No way. We're not touching the design.

girlontape: I was checking out some of my links, there are some blogs out there that are way more stylish... plus they have more gadgets....

me: So what? Screw gadgets, content is what keeps 'em coming back, you know that... plus I hate cluttering the page... we're here to blog, not to fool around with our accessories...

girlontape: Well, I'm bored. There I've said it.

me: WTF?! What about all your new followers... all your hits? I thought you were happy with me!

girlontape: So what? What does any of it mean? Since you're leaving me anyway.

me: I'm not leaving you, silly... I just think we should take a little break that's all...

girlontape: Hey believe me, I could use a vacation too. However, I don't throw it in your face like some around here do.

me: Meaning?

girlontape: Like "you're sucking the lifeblood out of me"... Go ahead, do it! Just go! Go live your life and let me live mine!

me: OK, but please don't get mad... you know I love you, right?

girlontape: Whatever. And if I catch you whoring around FB you'll never hear the end of it.

me: Look, FB ain't easy... you know I do it all for you... I send you all the groupies... didn't you see my status message today?

girlontape: Those who love me will follow girlontape. Very clever... but what's it all for? Since you're on your way out anyway.

me: I am NOT leaving you! I just need to tune out for a bit. Can't you understand that?

girlontape: I've heard it all before....

me: No, I'VE heard it all before. You know I ain't playing you babe... So I'll see you in a couple of weeks?

girlontape: You mean days.

me: Very funny. Hey listen... it's your favorite band in the universe forever!

girlontape: You mean YOUR favorite band. You could have spared me the downer track... but while we're at it... listen to this! And remember I'm a free bird... and this bird you cannot tame!!

10 comments:

Dalva said...

no way! you are not leaving, n´est pas?

Come on GOT chupale la sange, yes, we love it that way!

girlontape said...

es un ratito nomás dalva divine... igual te sigo visitando! au blog comme à la guerre!

Lillí said...

Snif. He dicho.

girlontape said...

don't cry for me divina ;)

Mari Pops said...

you better come back

que hacemos sin la fabulous GoT!!!!

girlontape said...

lo mismo me pregunto yo QM: qué hago sin ELLA... qué sentido mi vida sin ELLA? maldita vampiresa

Carpazas said...

y quien te da derecho a vacacionar a la girlontape ??? ya no es tuya (deberías saberlo) ... la girlontape nos pertenece a todos ...

luche y vuelve

girlontape said...

jajajaj ya lo sé carpazas! don't worry volveré y seré millones ;)

Tommy Barban said...

Vacations refresh the soul, blog accesories do not (and content rules!) See you soon.

girlontape said...

i knew you'd understand Major Tommy...