the sisterhood of the bitch part 11

Did I ever tell you how much I adore my friend Nicollette? This bold Trinidadian-raised, New York-based beauty has more style in her little finger than all Manhattan put together could ever hope to achieve and that's not all: she writes... she curates... she rages.

I'll never forget the first moment I laid eyes on her, circa 2000: she was organizing an erotica reading series at the Remotelounge on the Bowery, and I showed up with one of my short stories. She wore a scarlet babydoll dress, and pretty much knocked me out at first sight. The rest is herstory...

In this picture, Nicollette in fierce Marc Jacobs hangs out with the forever awe-inspiring
Chuck Close at the Armory after party at MoMA. "Seeing Chuck puts a smile on my face every time," she said. As seeing her face puts a smile on mine.

photo:
mary ann strandell

6 comments:

Rob K said...

Leí el link ("metropolis incarnate"), y aun cuando nuestros mundos sean tan diversos: qué vertiginosa intensidad transmite tu escritura.

girlontape said...

ahora entenderas mejor mi ansia balsera rob... ese cuento fue mi homenaje colectivo a todas mis turboPerras, y a nicollette en especial

Madame Lulu said...

intensidad la de las turboperras!!!

girlontape said...

hear us go ROAR ;)

F. said...

i wanna be a bitch sister algún día.

ps. volví a ferkismo

girlontape said...

you ARE a bitch sister ferkis!