girlSentimental


I remember lying under you on that bathroom floor as we slowly reverted back into human form.

You felt so warm, so close, so utterly tender as you whispered, “We’d make a good couple… don’t you think?”

I said, “You must never, ever leave your wife.”

“Why not? Don’t you want to be with me?”

“Because without her you would die,” I said, feeling more wedded to you than ever.

Was it hard to give you up? No, because I love you. (Something neither of my alleged husbands found the strength to do while there was still time to, you know: end it honorably.)

Women chew up their lives trying to heal themselves from the bad arrangements they’ve made with men says lorrie moore (lorrie te amo)

my arrangement with you being the only one I still draw strength from after all these years; and this must be why a part of you comes out of me in these lines from time to time




No comments: